Followers

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

I just love blue and white!

I just had to keep using this new stamp. Blue and white has been on my mind. I think it turned out very striking.
 
 
I made it a one layer card. I used some 3M Post It tape to mask off the area for the sentiment.

 
I was having a lot of trouble with static that day. I actually made the card twice because my embossing powder was sticking everywhere it shouldn't. 


I used this metallic Jelly Roll pen by Sakura to add some silver highlights to the design. Not too many. I didn't want it to take away. Just add some fun. It also helped me disguise the areas where the embossing powder messed things up.


Here is the final card. I added a solid line of silver above and below the sentiment as well. The background stamp is so busy that I feel I don't need any embellishment. It stands on it's own so well.

 
Thanks for stopping in. I love comments. :-) What have you been working on? I am wanting to enter more challenges. They seem a fun way to share and try something I didn't think of for myself. I meant to enter this one in Hero Art's one layer card challenge, but was a few days late with this post.

No comments: