Monday, March 10, 2014

Stopping by to say "Hi"

I told you it wouldn't be long until my next blog post!

I made this set of four cards as a teacher gift. I know it's awhile until the end of the school year, but it takes me so long lately to complete a project I thought I should get going. I made these four cards over two days. It is slow sometimes, but at least I'm squeaking in time. :-)

I wanted to use some Distress Inks in my project. I haven't made a mess with them in awhile and I knew they could give me the look I had in mind. I used water color paper and embossed the Tim Holtz Flourish stamp in copper embossing powder. I then inked with lots of colors of ink and then spritzed like crazy. 

 I embossed the sentiment on the chocolate brown in copper too. I then added a small pop dot in the center and adhered it flat on the ends. It's subtle dimension. Just enough.
Of course I made matching envelopes as well. The inside also has a little of the flourish stamped as well.
I inherited an older DSLR camera. I am trying it out here. I have a lot to learn about the settings so bear with me. I'm sorry if these are a tiny bit blurry and not quite the right colors. I can't wait to figure it out and post some better pics. 


Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous thank you card! Love the blended background of Distress inks! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Alrik Gerlach said...

Very nice card.