Followers

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Playing catch up...

Hello friends. It seems like I'm always playing catch up lately. I am now working two jobs and being mom and wife too. I am sorry for leaving my blog unloved for so long. I thought the children would become more independent and need me less. It seems I am needed all the more these days. :-)

I have some photos to share that I took of things as I was making them. Some of these items were made long ago, but I still want to share. 

This first photo is a gift we gave at a wedding last November. I wrapped it in brown butcher paper and cut out the white flowers on my Silhouette SD. I then glued them all over the box. I made a gift tag to go with it. I love that it is so pretty, but so simple. Only two kinds of paper and a little string on the tag. You don't always need a lot of supplies to make something look nice. 

This next project was for my childrens' school mates. Around here kids bring treats to share on their birthdays. I always feel sorry for the kids in the class who have food allergies and can't have cupcakes or whatever else is brought in. I always send something that isn't food. I made bookmarks again this year. I cut out all of the blue, tag shaped book marks on my Silhouette. (What would I do without that thing?) Then I used an embossing folder with dots and circles on it to dry emboss them all. I made about 60.
 Next I used the stamp set I have from Papertrey Ink called All booked up. I stamped "Let me save your spot" and then punched them out with a circle punch. I punched a green circle for behind these and matted them on top.

 I used a glue dot to adhere them all on. It worked best, as the base was textured. I added green ribbon to the top of each one that matched the green circles. Sorry I don't have a pic with the ribbons! ;-/
 This was a set I made to donate. Super simple. They were made with Hero Arts Note cards and matching envelopes. I love the quality of them.
 I use a lot of "sympathy" and "get well" cards for a church group I belong to. When someone isn't feeling well or has a loss in their family we send out a card.


 This was a set I made to give as a gift as well. It's hard to see, but the butterflies are shimmery.

 I made a bunch of these to have on hand. I am always needing manly cards. When I have an inspiration for one I try to make it right away. I hate it when I loose the idea. ;-)
 These were more to have on hand as well. The leaves are shimmery. I made matching envelopes.
 I don't make all of my Christmas cards the same anymore. I like to make a variety. This is one I did make a lot of though. I bought the stamp and matching die at Archiver's. The sentiments, stamps and dies I used were from Hero Arts.
 Sorry this one is sideways. Blogger is not letting me choose to rotate some of these photos, but it will others.
This one is just a simple one layer card I did using Distress Inks by Ranger. I spritzed it with shimmery spray, so it really looks beautiful in person.
This is the Valentine I made for my childrens' classmates and Girl Scout troop members. I used a Hero Arts stamp set called "LOL". I made a little cell phone out of it by adding a chord and plug. The plug is just card stock and staples.
 My sister just had a birthday I made her a card, tag and gift bag that matched. I love these Maya Road envelopes that have fun shapes.

 I also gave her a set of birthday cards. Some, pictured below are girly, and some were more gender neutral colors.  I had fun stamping and heat embossing the background. Then I water colored on them. While they were still wet I spritzed them with some Tattered Angels shimmery spray. They are stunning!
 Sorry, once again for the sideways pic. I added the background to blue cards, added a sentiment and then embellished with punched out white stars that I covered in Ranger Glossy Accents.

 I even added some inside. I think the inside and the envelope are just as important as the outside.
Thanks for stopping by to take a peek at my creations. I will try to be better about updating my blog more often. You know I LOVE to share. :-)

No comments: